My Aupair Journey (1)

 

        I would like to start my journey from the very first time, especially when I have already known about what is Aupair since I was in High School around 2012. I really want to apply for it, but it was just my desire, and ended up forgetting about it because I was too focused on my examination and was busy getting to my dream university. Along the way in 2019, after I was graduated from my University, I was busy again with my life and completely forgot about Aupair. I was just focused on my life to earn money and be productive as a Set Movie Designer until, at the beginning of 2020, the whole globe event hit me, just like everyone also. I lose my job because I usually work in the Movie industry, which obligates me to work moving from one place to another place so often, and it has to stop all of sudden. I was facing there is no income that I can earn and also didn't know what should I have done at that time... Furthermore, after 3 months stayed at home with no job, those things about Aupair was come crossing my mind again. I remember why I am not trying Aupair right now, even though my age almost reached the limit to be an Aupair but I was just like, give it a shot now or not at all, besides I don't have something to do as well, so I can focus with it. Also, I have thought these programs have benefits for me, and it feels like I get a bonus to work, earn money, and experience living abroad. Of course, I was worried will if this work during the pandemic? but then if it is meant to be then it would be, right? :)

        The process of deciding to seek a job as an Aupair definitely, is not that easy. I was almost get trapped choosing a Host family without making any consideration at all, almost giving up with a mindset at least there is one family that wants me, and above all, almost give up maybe this is not for me after I tried many times to apply through several Aupair websites to get a Host and it is not worked out. Suddenly, my old friend who also knows about Aupair was giving me the recommendation to search for any host family candidate through Facebook. Of course, I followed her advice. I keep an eye out for any updates about the Host family who's looking for an Aupair, but I lost interest, and it was like a miracle for me there is someone update that her host family was looking for a new Aupair and I was like wondering, hmm why my intuition turn on and having interest with this post also like wow I feel familiar with that name, she seems like Indonesian and her name also was the same like Indonesian name, but then I encourage myself to message her with the English language because iam not sure about it. Then my assumption was true. She replied to me with Bahasa Indonesia, and we chatted a lot, and she told me that her HF prefers someone from Indonesia. I didn't know about it through her post, and I was thinking maybe it would open to competing with many other nationalities. But, she gave me a hint, and it feels like I get the fresh breeze to step up more after she told me about it. Not taking a long time, she introduced me to the host family, and I got my future host parent contact to get to know them and arrange the interview to get to know each other better.

Stayed tune for the next update about this story, because it was a long story to told about and maybe you will get something from my journey to take it as yours lesson or maybe it works for future reference when you decided to be an Aupair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INFJ DOORSLAM

My Life Journey in Sweden (1)