How to get a friends in Sweden?

 


Arrive at a place that is completely strange and different from your home country might be raising concern about where will I get a friend to socialize in a new place?. This comes across to my mind at first, but after I figure out these tips below, I can make my weekly schedule so tight with any kind of socialize activities appointment to exploring a new country. So if you dare to explore a new location for the first time, maybe these tips will help you open up in a new environment and have a recent worldwide companion.

1.Online Dating

You might be familiar with this first option, online dating was not only famous for having a romantic relationship but also works well to gather a new person as a friend. Most people around Sweden are used Tinder as a main or the common one online dating. However, instead of using Tinder while I was living there, I used to have OkCupid as another option. I met quite many people during my a year experience, and a few of them was ended up becoming my friends who support my mental aspect during my period of stay. and why not consider having a relationship also? ;) Wish you have a good luck!. So what are you waiting for to try online dating as an option to have new friends either locally or from worldwide?

2. CouchSurfing

Couch Surfing is also the best option from the website to get to know a new person as friends on the right site based on the function haha. There is an option for you to meet someone around your place that you live in as a group so, if you have the anxiety to meet someone on a person privately, it is better for you to join this group and join yourself to the event that they will conduct in your area.

3. Bar/clubs

There is a popular parable among immigrants in Sweden. Most Swedes would open up and can instantly be your friend while they are drunk. So, bars and clubs are the right places for knowing them and merges with their local culture. The bar and clubs will be so crowded during weekends and, the night will be so alive in Sweden during this time because everyone mostly stays out and spend their time with their friends or closest relatives. Might be, you can pitch them by trying to get their phone number to arrange any meeting for the next day? Maybe they are going to forget about you when they are back to their state, but come on haha you can try!

4. Courses

Many courses are open broadly during your prohibition period in a new country, and it is worth trying to gain more knowledge and additionally have a friend in the same interest. I specifically enrolled myself in a language course to help me give an understanding of how to engage with local people, and start to get to know my girls who come from the Netherlands, Alaska USA, and Croatia as a bonus. As time went by we were become close with each other, especially after our class was over. We often hang out together, spend time in cafes to give life updates, and arrange dinner farewells for one of our friends. So it was the best experience to start that I would recommend the most for you...

5. Joining Immigrant group from your home country or from the city you live in

The reachable way to start getting to know or entering Swedes circle is more convenient which is from a friend's recommendation. In my case, I was joining my home country group to treat my wish to speak in my language, because sometimes I miss it, haha. However, it leads me into another unpredictable encounter with a new person. Especially with local people or Swedes in general. My friends who are already stayed far longer than me were always introducing me or trying to "matchmaking" me with their friends. So it helps me a lot to involve myself in Swedish culture and feel like a new doorway is open for me.

6. Profession facebook group

I was being an Aupair at that time. So, I was joining Aupair local group in Sweden and trying to get friends by posting something like this "Is there anyone who lives close to me and want to go to hang out this week?" and also trying to find a friend who can give me an insight about what I did more better. Besides what kind of profession you had, I guess you can start to search your professional group on Facebook so there is a chance for you to develop something more prospective in the future related to your expanding relations of work in your field.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INFJ DOORSLAM

My Life Journey in Sweden (1)