Aupair Permit in Sweden

Underground Stockholm

       First of all, this experience was based on my journey at the time I was applying my application to be an AuPair in Sweden in 2020. I came from a country out of Europe so, it is mandatory for me to get a visa before landing in one of the countries in Europe, especially in this case in Sweden. However, with no further due ;) I would love to share my experience, the steps, and what you have to prepare before being an AuPair in Sweden from the first place I got an offer till my visa got granted (in detail 😁). You're also always welcome to get in touch with me through the comments section under the Blog if you have any questions regarding the AuPair application specifically, about the Sweden application. FYI you don't have to have a Swedish language certificate (yet) to start the application. As long as you can speak in English everything would be fine.


1. Check if your profile matches the Migrationverket AuPair requirement.

    Migrationverket is one of Sweden's government institutions in order to tackle the cases on all matters relating to the migration stuff. This is a useful and the main portal for you to check if your profile is suitable for being an AuPair in Sweden or Not. They also had all the details that we need to make our application run successfully. So, I suggested you keep an eye to read their website thoroughly it could be there is some of an upcoming update in the future from what I've been experienced. It will determine the successful percentages for your applications.

2. Find the right candidate for your Host family

    There are several promising websites to help you find the right host family candidate, such as Aupair.com, AupairWorld, GreatAuPair, and goes on. In my case, I found my Host family through AuPair groups on Facebook (You can decide which one you want to join). I discovered someone with the same nationalities as mine posted into those groups and stated that her current Host family was looking for a new replacement AuPair. So I texted her that I felt interested in those offers then send her my CV to give my Host family a few hints about me because we don't know each other through the website that I was mentioned before. At this stage, it is important for you to set your boundaries and understand what you expected from them because you will be living with them for a year (unless you planed something else). I suggested don't be tempted by an instant way to go abroad. Trust me, process matters.

3. Arrange several times Video calls interview (Approaching time)

   In order to get to know each other, it is important to arrange as much as possible to have a video call with them. It can show an interest from both parties to manage the relationship and also bond the relationship before you live together with them. In my experience, I only got one-time video call with my Host family because I understand they are having a tight schedule, but I would like to recommend you to have many video calls so you can recognize what kind of a person are they, are they care with you, spot some of the strange points that would gain a conflict later on or at least to check the house situation where you will live. I recommend you to write the question relating to the value that suits you and what you expected from them, so it will help you to cut off the long time of the process. Also, give them a target for how long you want to know them based on what you wrote. This is the important way to approach your best dream host family and give you the best experience while you live abroad. So I hope you will consider it carefully.

4. Make a working contract

    Check the contract is that following the Migrationverket requirement, compare the agreement to the other AuPair website documents. Also, if you know someone whose having an experience as an AuPair before or is in the same process as you, it would be great to read their contract so you can understand and improve the contract that has been written to you to make both of the parties would fell fair and square in the process. Make sure to have a clear explanation about extra hours or unexpected situations(Force Majeure) that somehow will be happening during your period time.


5. Related document for preparing your Aupair visa application and your AuPair life in general

 

    Although you can check Migrationverket about what kind of document requires to apply for an AuPair visa, but I will write it down for your listed document. Basically, you just have to prepare your active valid passport, an agreement with your family, health insurance plus accident insurance (Whose has been discussed who will be going to afford for it in the previous approaching steps) and prove your Swedish course enrollment. Additionally, in my case, I have to prove my personal medical health (translated in English). Also, it helps if you have an English language certificate to avoid communication misunderstanding with your Host Family along the way at least in B1 level would be enough to have a proper communication. 

 

6. Applying for Visa

   Your teamwork with your Host family would get tested on the early stage here, you have to cooperate in order to fulfill all the document forms on the application visa portal. in my case, we have to work on it together at the same time, because there is some referral code from Migrationverket and then they will send it to your Host Family so that you can open up the portal after you got the code from your Host Family. Cooperating here will help you from having a lack of information missed and prevent the wrong identification before you are submitted your application. Notes that you have to answers the question form from Migrationverket in the right answer and align with why you are participating be an Aupair.

7. Pay your Visa fee

    In this stage, after you have done finishing your application
document. They will go to send you right away about the fees for issuing your AuPair visa. Your documents can't start to be processed until you pay off the fees and, they will give you a maximum of around 24hours to pay off the application. The fees are charged for about 1.500SEK in 2020 and you can transfer your payment through many of the available options in Migrationverket such as Debit card or Bank Giro.

8. Waiting time to get GRANTED!

    The waiting time almost depends on how many applicants issued the visa in Migrationverket at that time. I was worried before because I was applying my application during the Covid pandemic at the end of 2020 and I don't know how many applicants were being suspended because of that event. It usually takes a month from what I heard before the pandemic from my relatives but, in the Migrationverket, they stated they need three months in maximum to issue your application until then, you just have to wait. If your application takes more than three months, you can contact Migrationverket to conclude your case in order to get an answer from them. My case luckily only took two months in advance under an uncertain situation but still I guess if you already did the best that you can to work on the application, you can be chillllll dan takes your time to think about what you have to do next if your visa gets granted 😉.   

  


Well, be ready and keep your excitement to explore a new experience in a country full of innovation, I wish the best for all of you and hopefully, we can keep in touch later on in Sweden!! Lycka till 💗

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INFJ DOORSLAM

My Life Journey in Sweden (1)